Santa Fe Tennis & Swim Club
POLICIES & REGULATIONS
MEMBERSHIP & DUES
- Memberships must be in good standing by keeping dues current. Otherwise, membership may be suspended.
- Dues are payable in advance, and are due one month following your statement date.
- Members must give 30 day’s written notice of resignation. Resignations must be emailed to email@example.com. Dues will continue to accrue until one month after receipt of the emailed resignation.
- An additional initiation fee is required for reactivating a cancelled membership.
- The family of a member with a “single membership” are considered guests, and are subject to guest policies and fees.
- Dues cannot be suspended or memberships put on hiatus.
- A member may take “medical leave” for no less than 2 months and no more than 6 months and is required to pay half of their monthly dues while on medical leave.
- Memberships are transferable.
- All courts can be reserved 3 days in advance, beginning at 8:00 AM.
- Club members reserving courts in person at the front desk will take precedence over Club members booking via telephone.
- A court may not be reserved for a single player, except for Court 2 (has ball machine and backboard). However, members can drop-in and practice serves on any open court, if available.
- A two-hour notice must be given to cancel a court. Penalties may be imposed for not cancelling a reservation.
- Court reservations are forfeited 15 minutes after the reservation time, if two or more players who have the reservation are not present.
- Courts can be reserved for no more than 2 hours.
- Members can drop in and play on an open court any time during business hours, if a court is available. Members can also play past their reservation, if the court is available.
COURT & GUEST RULES
- Members and their guests are required to conduct themselves in a courteous manner and observe proper tennis etiquette.
- All members and their guests must sign in at the front desk before taking a court.
- Members that do sign in their guests will be billed for a guest fee. A penalty may be imposed for members who repeatedly do not sign in their guests.
- If a member’s guest does not pay their fees prior to leaving Club grounds, the member will be billed for any charges incurred by their guest.
- No excessive noise or loud celebrations for winning.
- Proper tennis shoes (flat-soles that will not scuff the court) and attire are required on court.
- Players must wear shirts.
- No dogs or pets are allowed on Club grounds, except for trained service animals.
- Guests substituting for a Club member’s game are still subject to guest and court fees.
INDOOR COURT RULES
- Club members must cancel reservations the day before their scheduled time, or they will be billed for the court.
- Players may not enter the bubble prior to their scheduled time if there is a game in progress.
- Players must exit the bubble promptly at the end of their scheduled time, to allow the next group of players to take the court. Lingering players may be billed a minimum extra 15 minutes if they cut into another group’s reservation.
SWIMMING POOL RULES
- No alcohol is allowed in the swimming pool, on the deck, or on the lawn. This is a requirement of the New Mexico Department of Alcohol & Gaming, and is therefore non-negotiable.
- Children under 14 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
- All signage and rules posted within and around the pool must be followed.
- Management has the responsibility to close the pool due to lightning or any other situation it considers unsafe for swimmers.
- Management’s primary responsibility and concern is the safety of swimmers and therefore will be uncompromising in its decisions to close the pool.
- The lifeguards are there for swimmer safety and have the authority and responsibility to close the pool due to lightning or other safe conditions. Failure to obey their commands and cooperate with them may create a dangerous situation and result in disciplinary action, including but not limited to, temporary or permanent revocation of pool privileges.